Adopted by the Eastern Michigan Young Marines
This aircraft is on loan from the National Museum of Naval Aviation.Built by McDonnell Douglas, the A-4 was designed as a lightweight attack aircraft capable of carrying conventional and nuclear weapons. It was flown at Selfridge by Naval Reserve units from 1969 to 1973. The long pole protruding past the nose is an aerial refueling probe.
Wingspan: 27 6 Engine: J-52
Length: 40 3.75 Thrust: 7,700#
Height: 15 2 Speed: 650 mph
Weight: 12,208# 1st Flight: 1954