Adopted by the 191st Aerospace Ground Equipment Team
This Lockheed-built two-place trainer was originally intended to train pilots to fly jets. The T-33 is a derivative of the P-80 which was the Air Forces first operational jet fighter. T-33 aircraft were flown by Michigan ANG units for over 33 years. T-33 #53-6099 was donated by the Air Force to a flying club in Caro MI and airlifted to Selfridge.
Wingspan: 37 6 Engine: J-33
Length: 37 8 Thrust: 5,400#
Height: 11 7 Speed: 525 mph
Weight: 15,000# 1st Flight: 1954