by Boy Scout Troop 1941, St Paul's Lutheran Church
The RB-57 was built by the Glenn Martin Company under license from English Electric. In 1958, as part of the modernization of the ANG, four units, including the 172nd Tac Recon Squadron at Kellogg Field in Battle Creek, received the RB-57A from the US Air Force. In 1971, the RB-57As at Battle Creek were replaced by Cessna O-2As. RB-57A #0-21485 was restored in 1990 by volunteers from the Battle Creek unit.
Wingspan: 64’ Engine: J-65 (2)
Length: 65’ 6” Thrust: 7,220# ea
Height: 15’ 7” Speed:
Weight: 49,000# 1st Flight: 1953